I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago detailing my new training plan which I have been using for a few months now. I’d like to follow that up by writing down some of the training plans that my bootcampers and I follow. I’ll start with my Tuesday training plan which is the Muscleup, Ring muscleup and Handstand Pushups training plan.
Warmup and Active Stretching
I start by rolling using the rumble roller before following this up with 20s each of Convict Conditioning 2 trifecta. Finally I do the exercises shown in the excellent video by Max Shank.
Hard Sets (2 x 1-5 reps)
These exercises are all performed one after the other with a short rest in-between before returning to the first exercise and repeating.
- Bar Muscleup (Can currently only do 1 in a row)
- Handstand Pushups (PB is 4 in a row)
- Ring Muscleups (PB is 2 in a row)
- Explosive Kipping Pullups – I aim to get my hands off the bar as high as I can here, with the goal to be able to get a clap in there eventually.
- 3/4 Handstand Pushups – This leaves me a couple of inches off the ground and is significantly easier than full range handstand pushups.
- Straight dips – The aim here is to get as low as possible whilst still being able to get back up, I can currentely get my chin down to the bar. This exercise is aimed to help my eventually be able to do a negative slow muscleup.