As part of my Friday training session we do a mini circuit that I change every 4 weeks. The current circuit is as follows:
- Standing feet together long jumps for around 20m.
- 5 Pullups (negatives for those who can’t perform pullups and 10 reps for those who have passed level 2 of the century test.
- Crawling for around 20m
- Run up some steps and over a bridge over the road.
- Up-hill Lunge walk for around 20-30m.
- Run back down to the park.
- 10 x Parallel bar swings
It’s a nice little circuit and a great way to finish the training session as well as the week. The up-hill lunge walk is particularly challenging, to make this more difficult I also lean forward which puts more emphasis on the glutes. I recommend giving this a try, it will certainly give you a good glute workout.
My pistol squats are coming on well, I can now complete 5 x 4 sets on each leg, I just need to improve the form and try and keep the non-standing leg straighter.